The Sir Thomas White Loan Charity’s 2023 Business Grants scheme is now closed for applications.
Applications are welcomed from anyone who meets our full eligibility criteria, including current and former borrowers of the charity.
To be eligible for consideration for a grant for business purposes you / your business must be:
- over 18 and under 45 years of age as at 21st September 2023
- currently resident in Leicestershire or Rutland and operating your business from within this area
- running your business currently, and have been doing so for at least 1+ year and no more than 5 years
- have an annual turnover of less than £150,000
- able to demonstrate a real need for the grant and the positive impact receiving it will have on your business
- a sole trader, partnership or limited company. We regret we are unable to accept applications from registered charities or CICs
- we regret we are unable to accept applications from any individual / business which was successful in receiving a grant from us in previous years.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9.00am 31st August 2023.
Grant allocations to be made 21st September, with all applicants notified of outcome shortly thereafter.
All eligible applications will be considered by the Grant Committee.
It is anticipated, due to the previous year’s high demand, that all available funds will be allocated during this round. The scheme will be reviewed in 2024 and a further grants scheme may be launched. This webpage will be updated accordingly and we thus recommend you check back from time to time for updates. If you are yet to do so we also recommend you sign up to receive our e-newsletter and follow our social media channels, where any future grant rounds will be communicated.