Eligible candidates may borrow up to £10,000 interest free for 9 years in order to assist with the cost of post-graduate courses anywhere in the world. Please note proposed guarantors can only be confirmed as accepted once an application has been received and considered by the trustees.
To be eligible for consideration for a personal loan for postgraduate education purposes you must be:
- over 18 and under 45 years of age;
- currently resident in Leicestershire or Rutland and have been for a minimum of three years (Northampton residents should contact www.stwcharitynorthampton.org.uk);
- have a gross annual income of less than £15,000 per annum;
- not be a current or former borrower of the charity for either education or business purposes. This includes where the loan you previously received from us has already been repaid in full.
- have liquid assets of less than £40,000;
- able to demonstrate a real need for the loan;
- applying to study or already studying on a post graduate course.
- where the applicant is a non-UK citizen, you must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have the relevant permit for the full duration of the nine year loan period
- not have any active CCJs at the time of your application. If you have CCJs which are satisfied then proof of satisfaction / debt cancelled may be required
How it works
- You can telephone 0116 204 6620, or fill in the contact form below for application details. You will need 2 guarantors for the loan, each guaranteeing a maximum of £7,500.
- Once completed, return the application pack. An interview will then be arranged with a small group of Trustees so you can explain why you require the loan.
- Interviews take place in February, May, August and November. Applications are required at least 4 weeks prior to the interview dates.
- If successful, you and your guarantors will sign a joint and several bond.
- The loan is interest free for 9 years, but becomes repayable by equal instalments after 3 years.
Register for an application pack today
Simply fill out the contact form below and we’ll send one out to you.
Please check spam/junk folders for any emails from STWLC