We are an Equal Opportunity organisation, and eligible candidates may borrow up to £10,000 interest free for 9 years in order to assist with the cost of post-graduate courses anywhere in the world.
To be eligible for consideration for a loan you must be:
- over 18 and under 45 years of age;
- resident in Leicestershire or Rutland for three years (Northampton residents should contact www.stwcharitynorthampton.org.uk);
- have a gross annual income of less than £15,000 per annum;
- have liquid assets of less than £40,000;
- able to demonstrate a real need for the loan;
- applying to study or already studying on a post graduate course.
- where the applicant is a non-UK citizen, you must have indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have the relevant permit for the full duration of the nine year loan period
How it works
- You can telephone 0116 204 6620, or fill in the contact form below for application details. You will need 2 guarantors for the loan, each guaranteeing a maximum of £7,500.
- Once completed, return the application pack. An interview will then be arranged with a small group of Trustees so you can explain why you require the loan.
- Interviews take place in February, May, August and November. Applications are required at least 4 weeks prior to the interview dates.
- If successful, you and your guarantors will sign a joint and several bond.
- The loan is interest free for 9 years, but becomes repayable by equal instalments after 3 years.
Register for an application pack today
Simply fill out the contact form below and we’ll send one out to you.
Please check spam/junk folders for any emails from STWLC